Many of you may have seen the review of Chanel Blush in Accent from the Holiday 2013 collection Infinie de Nuit. This blush is a limited edition. I just got mine recently. The one I got here was ordered from Nordstorm and thanks to Jacqueline from My Beauty Hoard for helping me to get this
This Christmas, Chanel releases a unique blush shade. Accent is a beige – dusty rose with a slight shimmer. It’s my first Chanel blush with a dusty rose kind of shade. The shimmer might look a little bit intimidating but upon application, it is almost invisible.
I am very glad that I am able to get Chanel Joues Contraste in US Pressed Version. I can feel the difference in the texture, it is smoother and the pigmentation is better. What I love most about Chanel blushes is that they have such a fine shimmer that adds a very nice glow to your face. The shimmer is refined that it doesn’t look too much at all.
I pulled some of my blushes which I think could be similar. They are Burberry Tangerine, Tarte Exposed and Burberry Earthy.
As you can see, these four shades are different. Chanel Accent leans more towards rosy beige and it has more shimmer as compared to the rest.
This will conclude my Chanel Holiday 2013 picks. I have reviewed some other products from this collection:
Chanel Illusion d’Ombres in Initiation : HERE
Chanel Rouge Allure in Radieuse : HERE
What do you think of this collection? Would you pick anything from this collection?
It’s my first ”What is in My Current Make Up Bag?” post ever. I am so excited to write this post as these products are the ones I use regularly for my touch ups. I hope I would be able to post this regularly once every 2 months or so. So here are the products I currently have on my make up bag:
- NARS Fairy’s Kiss Palette: This is the palette that I currently have on my make up bag. It has 6 versatile shades to be used for my day/night look. I did a review of this palette on my previous post. You may read the review HERE
- Chanel Compact Mirror which I received from a friend. I am really glad that she gave me this mirror, I love how beautiful the red color is.
- Urban Decay Naked FLUSHED palette: This is a genius palette which I love a lot. It is a complete three in one palette consisting of bronzer, blush and highlighter. The shade can be used nicely on people with either dark or light skin tone. I have done a detailed review HERE
- YSL Touche Eclat: This is a must have product on my make up pouch. I use this product to highlight my browbone and as a corrector. Believe it or not, I have never changed this product from my make up bag for more than a year as I find this product is very useful as a touch up tool.
- Rimmel Stay Matte powder: This is a relatively new product that I tried recently. So far this powder has works pretty well on me. It helps to control the oil in my T-zone area. I must admit that this powder is not the best powder I’ve tried but considering the price I paid, I am happy to repurchase this again.
- Maybelline Rocket Mascara: This mascara is my current favorite mascara. It helps to lengthen my eyelash and at the same time it makes my lashes looks thicker. I have a short and rather droopy mascara and there are only few mascara that works for me. Maybelline Rocket mascara stays for the whole day for me without smudging. Moreover, cleaning this mascara is so easy! Warm water is all you need to clean all the mascara on the lashes.
- Chanel Retractable Kabuki Brush: I love the softness of this brush. The hair are dense and this brush can be used as a blush brush, bronzer brush and even powder brush. It’s a perfect brush to be kept in my make up pouch. I have reviewed the product previously, you may read it HERE
- YSL Glossy Stain in 101 Reckless Pink: What I love about YSL Glossy stain is the texture. The shade stays on for a long time (4-5 hours at least) and the I love the shine this lipstain has. I specially love shade “reckless pink” as it looks natural on my lip but the shine it has adds something more to my look. I have reviewed & swatched YSL Glossy Stain Rebel Nudes on one of my blogpost HERE
- Chanel Rouge Allure in 88 Evanescente: This is a natural pinkish nude lipstick. I always rotate my nude lipstick shade every two weeks or every month. This is to make sure that all my nude lipsticks are well loved :p
- Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner: hands down! This has got to be my all time fave liquid eyeliner. It has never fail to stay on my lid for the whole day without smudging. The brush size is nicely designed; it’s not too long and not too pointy, the size is just nice to apply line along my lash line. This eyeliner retails at SGD 20-25 (I can’t remember the exact price) at major drugstore in Singapore.
- Last but not least, is a Chloe perfume miniature. This is one of my fave perfume and it’s always a pleasure to add a bit of smell after a long day at work.
Wah I just realized that I have quite a lot of things on my make up pouch Some of my friends have commented that I have so many things on my make up bag; however I enjoy bringing these make up on my bag. It’s a pleasure to do a touch up during lunch break or after work before dinner.
I’ll try to rotate the products in my make up bag and I hope that I’ll be able to write on this topic on a regular basis
Share with me on what you have on your make up bag, please
Thank you for reading!
Now that Christmas is around the corner, so many brands have came out with beautiful collection. Chanel Infinie de Nuit for Holiday 2013 has few items that caught my attention. One of the lipstick released from the collection is Rouge Allure 217 Radieuse.
Radieuse is a cool pink tone lipstick. It can be worn as a sheer lipstick if you apply for one layer. However if you wish for a more opaque look, you can always add another layer to make the color pops out more.
In my opinion, Radieuse looks better in people with cool toned skin. My natural lip color is pigmented so I love this shade to give my lip a cooler tone. I personally love this shade for my lazy weekend lunch. The cool toned pink makes my skin looks brighter and healthier.
Here’s some comparison swatch. All the lipsticks swatched here is from the Chanel Rouge Allure range except Rouge Allure Velvet 33 La Distinguee.
Here’s the link for the review for few of the lipsticks swatched above:
Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Intense 89 Gracile can be found here
Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet 33 La Distinguee can be found here
Have you picked anything from Chanel Infinie de Nuit Collection? What do you think of this collection?
Thank you for reading!
Chanel Fall 2013 make up collection has been launched since two months ago and I still can’t stop to talk about how gorgeous the collection is. I have mentioned how much I love Chanel cream blush in Revelation in my previous post here and now I am going to show you another two more blush that I picked up recently. This time I picked up Affinite and Presage.
Affinite is a a bright bubble gum pink. This shade has a blue toned in it. The shade looks very bright on the pan but when it is swatched lightly, it doesn’t look as bright as what you see on the pan. Just remember to dab on lightly and build the shade slowly. I think this shade is suitable for ladies with both light skin and dark skin.
Presage is a coral/orange shade and it is a Limited Edition shade. I don’t usually wear orange shade on my cheek but this shade is an exception. I like how this shade does not make me look washed out but it actually freshen up my whole look. I would suggest for you to grab this shade if you have the chance. This shade is very easy to use and you will less likely to go wrong with it. It is a limited Edition shade so make sure you are not missing this one
Tips on applying the product:
After trying and testing these products for a while, I realized that there are many ways to apply Chanel Cream blush.
- Firstly; using your own finger to dab the product onto your cheek. What I usually do is I after I finished applying all my base product, I start to dab my finger and apply it onto my cheek and spread the product evenly to my cheek bone and make sure that the color spreads nicely. If I want to have a more popping blush, I’ll add another layer.
- Secondly, is to use brush to pick up the color and blend it together. The first brush that I’d recommend to use is Real Technique stippling brush. This brush helps to pick up the color easily but helps to control the application to look natural. The bristles in Real Technique stippling brush is very soft and less dense, hence it helps to spread the color evenly without picking up unnecessary amount of color.
- Other than real Technique Stippling Brush, I would also recommend Tom Ford Cream Foundation Brush. Tom Ford Cream Foundation brush has denser bristles.
Overall I think Chanel has launched a great collection of cream blushes. It is definitely one of my favorite range of cream blushes out there. The texture is emollient and creamy; more over it stays for a very long time.
Thank you for reading!
I can’t believe that it is August now and Fall collection has start hitting the shelves. Fall Collection (apart from Spring collection) is my most highly anticipated make up collection. Usually make up companies are releasing range of neutral and wearable eyeshadows. This year, Chanel releases a range of new cream blush – Le Blush Crème de CHANEL. It consist of 6 blush shade; destiny, presage, affinite, revelation, inspiration and fantastic. I believe this range of blush is a permanent collection except shade Presage and Fantastic.
Le Blush Crème de CHANEL has a similar packaging with Chanel eyeshadow quad. However this packaging is thinner and smaller. It is very lightweight and very convenient to be put in your make up bag. It doesn’t come with any brush/sponge.
Chanel Cream blush has a soft texture in the pan; but when it is applied on my cheek, surprisingly it feels powdery and doesn’t feel like cream. It doesn’t make my skin feel oily at all, it sets on like a powder. It is very easy to apply and it blends nicely on my skin.
Another good news for those of you who are sensitive to scent, this product has no scent infused. Le Blush Crème de CHANEL can also be applied onto your lip. I like to wear this cream blush on my cheek after my foundation and before setting powder. In this way, Le Blush Crème de CHANEL lasts for 4-5 hours on me and it starts to fade. The lasting power is not the best but it is acceptable for me. The Beauty Look Book recommended Tom Ford Cream Foundation brush to apply this cream blush. I tried that method once and I agree with her that this works very well but it takes more time as I need to wait for my foundation to be fully sent onto my skin. So for my daily application, I usually use my ring ringer to apply the product. I like to layer this product twice on my cheek to get the shade I want. I feel that by adding one more layer onto my cheek makes the product blends more easily.
The look I did in this post is the same look I have posted in the post Guerlain Lingerie de Peau BB Cream. I did not use too many products for this look as I wanna create a minimal make up look for my weekend brunch last week. I am wearing Le Blush Crème de CHANEL in Revelation on both cheek and lip.
List of product used:
Thank you for reading!