So Christmas is getting nearer and most brands have comes out with their holiday collection. Guerlain is one of those brands that I’ve been waiting. This season, Guerlain releases Crazy Paris collection which is very unique and happening in my opinion. The collection’s main color theme is black and fuchsia.
a shout out to Jacqueline from My Beauty Hoard for helping me to get this from Nordstorm.com. The product is retailing at USD 58.
The crazy Paris meteorites pearls consist of lavender, peach, white and pink pearls. When it mixed together, it adds up as a sheer pink. Guerlain meteorites perles has a very sheer color and a very sheen shimmer. I won’t recommend this as a blush as it looks too sheer for my liking. I am using this more as a finishing touch to my cheek color. It adds a very nice glow to my overall complexion.
To be frank, it’s hard to capture the color of Guerlain Meteorites Perles on my arm for a swatch. My camera couldn’t capture the color very well , so I decided to do a simple FOTD with this product.
Prior to applying Guerlain Crazy Paris Meteorites Perles, I’ve applied Illamasqua Nymph Blush on my cheek. After I’ve finished all my make up, I applied the perles on my cheek area to give that extra glow.
Overall I am happy with my purchase as this is my first colorful Guerlain meteorites (the previous one I had was the blanc perles). I wouldn’t say that this product is a must have considering the pricey price tag, but if you have not tried meteorites perles, this would be a good one to start with
Thank you for reading!
Patchouli & Fresh Rose, gives patrons a robust floral fragrance selection that captures the creamy, woody scent of Patchouli and the fresh, petal- like aroma of Rose Centifolia. In keeping with Kiehl’s apothecary heritage, the Aromatic BlendsTM products are formulated with inspriring fragrance blends, utilizing sustainable sourcing methods, natural ingredients, and the latest in science and technology. Each Aromatic BlendsTM formula (fragrance, body wash and body lotion) consists of pure scents from around the world and are designed to take patrons on a wonderful journey to the source of Kiehl’s ingredients.
Kiehl’s is recognized the world over for its efficacious formulations utilizing the finest ingredients. Kiehl’s chemists formulated Patchouli & Fresh Rose to complement Kiehl’s existing Aromatic BlendsTM offerings (Fig Leaf & Sage, Nashi Blossom & Pink Grapefruit, Orange Flower & Lychee, and Vanilla & Cedarwood) all of which combine unexpected ingredients in distinct sensual scents. As with all Aromatic BlendsTM, the Patchouli & Fresh Rose formula is crafted with 1/3 fewer ingredients than found in traditional fragrances. The Aromatic Blends fragrance range uses a high proportion of each key ingredient, resulting in the purest scent expression possible.
Patchouli & Fresh Rose captures the essence of woody Patchouli with fresh Rose Centifolia, yielding a lasting scent that is sheer, yet sparkling and bright. The freshness of the Rose Centifolia is sustained by the bubbly and radiant qualities of citruses like Bergamot and Mandarin, while Musk and Ambery Woods reinforce the vibrant but comfortable character of Patchouli from Brazil.
Kiehl’s Since 1851 is available at:
Robinsons Raffles City t: 6338-3457 | VivoCity #01-11/12 t: 6376-9017 |TANGS Beauty Hall at TANGS Orchard t: 6732-5394 | Tampines Mall #01-29 t: 6785-7610 | Takashimaya S.C., Ngee Ann City, #B1-33 t: 6732-9695 | ION Orchard #B3-54 t: 6509-8941 | Plaza Singapura #01-66 t: 6454-3457 | Parkway Parade #01-19 t: 63461276 | Bugis Junction #01-13 t: 63369022| Great World City #01-16 t: 67353755 | Suntec City #01-321 t: 63369338
Disclaimer: The information in this post is extracted from Kiehl’s press release kit.
Many of you may have seen the review of Chanel Blush in Accent from the Holiday 2013 collection Infinie de Nuit. This blush is a limited edition. I just got mine recently. The one I got here was ordered from Nordstorm and thanks to Jacqueline from My Beauty Hoard for helping me to get this
This Christmas, Chanel releases a unique blush shade. Accent is a beige – dusty rose with a slight shimmer. It’s my first Chanel blush with a dusty rose kind of shade. The shimmer might look a little bit intimidating but upon application, it is almost invisible.
I am very glad that I am able to get Chanel Joues Contraste in US Pressed Version. I can feel the difference in the texture, it is smoother and the pigmentation is better. What I love most about Chanel blushes is that they have such a fine shimmer that adds a very nice glow to your face. The shimmer is refined that it doesn’t look too much at all.
I pulled some of my blushes which I think could be similar. They are Burberry Tangerine, Tarte Exposed and Burberry Earthy.
As you can see, these four shades are different. Chanel Accent leans more towards rosy beige and it has more shimmer as compared to the rest.
This will conclude my Chanel Holiday 2013 picks. I have reviewed some other products from this collection:
Chanel Illusion d’Ombres in Initiation : HERE
Chanel Rouge Allure in Radieuse : HERE
What do you think of this collection? Would you pick anything from this collection?
SEASONAL SPECIAL EDITION
2013 WINTER TREND SPECIAL EDITION
SPECIAL EDITION The Sparkler, $39.90
Be a golden girl! Spritz hair and body with a fine dusting of iridescent gold sparkles infused with the delicate scent of japanese cherry blossom courtesy of our boudoir-beautiful atomiser that illuminates skin with an enchanting shimmer.
GET THE PARTY LOOK
GOLDEN BROWN & ICY PLUM
Ginger Sparkle Shower
Scrub & Moisture Collection $39.90 Enjoy the spicy, limited-edition scent of ginger from top to toe with this pampering box set. Packaged in a reusable tin shaped like a gingerbread man.
Cranberry Joy Body & Lip Care Collection $65.90
This luxurious collection is scented with the fruity, limited-edition scent of cranberry. Pamper them from top to toe.
THE BODY SHOP CHRISTMAS SET IS AVAILABLE IN SINGAPORE ISLANDWIDE
Disclaimer: The information above is taken from The Body Shop Christmas Press Kit
It’s my first ”What is in My Current Make Up Bag?” post ever. I am so excited to write this post as these products are the ones I use regularly for my touch ups. I hope I would be able to post this regularly once every 2 months or so. So here are the products I currently have on my make up bag:
- NARS Fairy’s Kiss Palette: This is the palette that I currently have on my make up bag. It has 6 versatile shades to be used for my day/night look. I did a review of this palette on my previous post. You may read the review HERE
- Chanel Compact Mirror which I received from a friend. I am really glad that she gave me this mirror, I love how beautiful the red color is.
- Urban Decay Naked FLUSHED palette: This is a genius palette which I love a lot. It is a complete three in one palette consisting of bronzer, blush and highlighter. The shade can be used nicely on people with either dark or light skin tone. I have done a detailed review HERE
- YSL Touche Eclat: This is a must have product on my make up pouch. I use this product to highlight my browbone and as a corrector. Believe it or not, I have never changed this product from my make up bag for more than a year as I find this product is very useful as a touch up tool.
- Rimmel Stay Matte powder: This is a relatively new product that I tried recently. So far this powder has works pretty well on me. It helps to control the oil in my T-zone area. I must admit that this powder is not the best powder I’ve tried but considering the price I paid, I am happy to repurchase this again.
- Maybelline Rocket Mascara: This mascara is my current favorite mascara. It helps to lengthen my eyelash and at the same time it makes my lashes looks thicker. I have a short and rather droopy mascara and there are only few mascara that works for me. Maybelline Rocket mascara stays for the whole day for me without smudging. Moreover, cleaning this mascara is so easy! Warm water is all you need to clean all the mascara on the lashes.
- Chanel Retractable Kabuki Brush: I love the softness of this brush. The hair are dense and this brush can be used as a blush brush, bronzer brush and even powder brush. It’s a perfect brush to be kept in my make up pouch. I have reviewed the product previously, you may read it HERE
- YSL Glossy Stain in 101 Reckless Pink: What I love about YSL Glossy stain is the texture. The shade stays on for a long time (4-5 hours at least) and the I love the shine this lipstain has. I specially love shade “reckless pink” as it looks natural on my lip but the shine it has adds something more to my look. I have reviewed & swatched YSL Glossy Stain Rebel Nudes on one of my blogpost HERE
- Chanel Rouge Allure in 88 Evanescente: This is a natural pinkish nude lipstick. I always rotate my nude lipstick shade every two weeks or every month. This is to make sure that all my nude lipsticks are well loved :p
- Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner: hands down! This has got to be my all time fave liquid eyeliner. It has never fail to stay on my lid for the whole day without smudging. The brush size is nicely designed; it’s not too long and not too pointy, the size is just nice to apply line along my lash line. This eyeliner retails at SGD 20-25 (I can’t remember the exact price) at major drugstore in Singapore.
- Last but not least, is a Chloe perfume miniature. This is one of my fave perfume and it’s always a pleasure to add a bit of smell after a long day at work.
Wah I just realized that I have quite a lot of things on my make up pouch Some of my friends have commented that I have so many things on my make up bag; however I enjoy bringing these make up on my bag. It’s a pleasure to do a touch up during lunch break or after work before dinner.
I’ll try to rotate the products in my make up bag and I hope that I’ll be able to write on this topic on a regular basis
Share with me on what you have on your make up bag, please
Thank you for reading!