Looking forward to Spring, dressing up for picnics in the park and tea parties with your best pals? This season, Watsons brings forth sunshine with its Spring Colour Report 2013, a beauty event that translates colours and trends off the runway into wearable, chic looks to match your favourite sundresses! Be it cosmetics, hair, skincare or inner beauty oral supplements, Watsons presents the latest brands and products to doll you up in light pastels (with a pop of colour!), style those long tresses, while helping you attain a radiant and healthy glow.
This Spring, there are so many new products that Watson is going to bring in. I am going to focus on the cosmetic brands that’s exclusive to Watson.
CandyDoll, Eyemazing and Jewelove
Fronted by popular model and Japanese teen idol Tsubasa Masuwaka, CandyDoll is a range of cosmetic products to help one achieve the Gyaru, or cute and doll-like look.
The wide range of CandyDoll cosmetics include:
- Mineral Powders – Face Powder ($33.90, 10g) and Crystal Face Powder ($33.90, 10g): both have fine textures that glide smoothly onto the skin for even coverage
- Lipsticks – Ramune Pink and Apricot Beige lipsticks ($25.90, 3.5g) Highly pigmented and moisturizing, the lipsticks glides on smoothly, creating a natural nude look like Japanese girls
- Shading Powder ($29.90, 10g) – A soft matte, silky smooth bronzer that gives skin a flawless natural tan coverage effect. It is made from mineral powder and created a shade darker than foundation to contour the face and create a slimmer face shape
- Makeup Base series – Makeup Base with SPF 30 ($37.90 30g) that helps keep makeup on, but also protects skin from harmful UV rays while brightening up skin tone
Other CandyDoll makeup products also include blushers, highlights, concealers, as well as lipsticks and lip glosses. Made in Japan
One of the most popular eyelashes brand in Japan, Jewelove (known as Jewerich in Japan) is a range of eyelashes launched in 2010 to help girls achieve bigger, more attractive eyes for the perfect Kawaii look.
Exclusively available at selected Watsons stores for $22.90 (two pairs)
The star product of the Elite models makeup range is its Fantastic Primer ($24.90, 15ml), a translucent gel makeup base that is suitable for all skin types.
The essential stage for perfect, even and long-lasting makeup, this water-based gel moisturizes skin whilst its non-greasy finish keeps skin matt and helps the foundation to stay on. Its energizing formula is also complemented with a pleasant cucumber fragrance to keep you feeling fresh and clean, even in hot and humid climates. Formulated with anti-ageing and anti-pollutant agents, as well as extracts of Plankton to fight skin oxidation, this primer helps you to achieve a radiant, healthy and beautiful complexion.
The Elite models makeup range is exclusively available at selected Watsons stores from $7.90 – $26.90.
Heroine Make’s award-winning mascaras now feature improved formulas to provide 120% longer lashes and 130% more volume than before:
- Long & Curl Mascara ($21.90, 6g) – Featuring a fine, lightweight texture that offers 1.5 times longer fibres for 120% greater lengthening effects. Ingredients include Camellia Oil that has moisturising and water-proof properties.
- Volume & Curl Mascara ($21.90, 6g) – Featuring a new feather-weight volume fit powder combined with polymer wax to thicken lashes without clumping and offer 130% more volume than before.
- Impact Frame & Curl Mascara ($23.90, 7.5g) – Its triple wax formula contains an extension wax to lengthen lashes, hyper volume wax to increase lash volume by 180% and joint wax to combine the two, offering the best of Heroine Make’s volumising and lengthening technology.
- Mascara Remover (6ml, $14.90) – Featuring an improved formula to easily remove stubborn mascara whilst nourishing lashes with conditioning ingredients such as Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Royal Jelly Extract, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil and Rosa Canina Fruit Oil.
BB Mineral Loose powder (price TBC, 6g) – Heroine Make’s first BB Mineral Loose powder contains lasting mineral powder to control shine all-day for a smooth appearance. Available in shades #1 and #2, it provides a natural yet translucent coverage.
- Nail Rock Classic – Decorate your digits with Nail Rock designer wraps, featuring 16 stylish designs such as Money, Disco, Tribal Gold or Gold Cheetah.
- Nail Rock 3D collection – this latest collection features four amazing wraps such as Doodad in black and metallic mix with raised bumps for added texture, and Glister in gold and multi glitter to create a sparkly crackle effect on your nails.
The Nail Rock nail wrap range requires only a maximum of 15 minutes to apply, without any drying time. It offers lasting coverage of up to seven days on nails and eight weeks on toes, and does not chip or stain nails like regular nail polish. Each pack contains 16 nail wraps in different sizes for fingers and toes, and is available at $9.90 (standard stickers) and $14.90 (3D stickers) at selected Watsons stores.
- Eye Rock Designer Liner – achieve that ’60s-inspired winged’ flick in an instant with these ready-to-wear liners, which are long-lasting, waterproof and easy to apply.
- Eye Rock Crystal Tattoo – add crystal embellishments to your eyes with this debut collection, featuring six unique designs to help create runway couture looks.
The Eye Rock range is available at $11.90 at selected Watsons stores.
These products are exclusively available at Watson
Thank you for reading