First of all, let me wish you all a great 2014 ahead! We certainly wish that everything will go on smoothly this and more and more great things to come!
So here’s our first post in the year of 2014! YSL releases their new range of lip glosses. I am lucky enough to receive few shades of the lip glosses. The shades of the lip glosses consists of 3 ranges; irresistibly, sinfully iridescent, scandalously gold. The information of YSL Gloss Volupte can be found here.
The packaging of these Gloss Volupte is similar to YSL Rouge Volupte. The cap of the lip gloss is made with golden metal and there’s a YSL logo in the middle which makes the packaging looks luxurious. As you can see in the picture above, the applicator is designed uniquely so that the application of the lipgloss is better. I like the design of applicator as it looks distinct compared to other brands and it looks so cute to me. It resembles the shape of our lips. Moreover this applicator helps me to apply the gloss more precise on my lip and it gives me the ability to control the amount of glosses I want to have on my lip.
The gloss feels lightweight and it does not feel sticky to me. The shade 206 Twisted Oran is really pigmented. If you are looking for a pigmented with daring shade, this would be a perfect lipgloss for you. For me, Rose Orfevre & Rose Fusion would be my favorite among the 4. Gloss Volupte does not have the shiniest gloss; it provides decent shine and it is not too much. This would depend on people’s preference whether you like a high shine gloss or just a decent shine. The last thing to add here, is that this gloss contains a unique YSL scent. The scent is the same as what it contains in YSL Rouge Volupte.
Here’s the swatches on my lips:
I have added a nude lipstick underneath the lipgloss on the photo below to show what it looks like when it is layered on top of nude lipstick.
So what is your pick from this collection? Share with me
I hope this swatches helps! Have a BEAUTIFUL year ahead…!
It’s my first ”What is in My Current Make Up Bag?” post ever. I am so excited to write this post as these products are the ones I use regularly for my touch ups. I hope I would be able to post this regularly once every 2 months or so. So here are the products I currently have on my make up bag:
- NARS Fairy’s Kiss Palette: This is the palette that I currently have on my make up bag. It has 6 versatile shades to be used for my day/night look. I did a review of this palette on my previous post. You may read the review HERE
- Chanel Compact Mirror which I received from a friend. I am really glad that she gave me this mirror, I love how beautiful the red color is.
- Urban Decay Naked FLUSHED palette: This is a genius palette which I love a lot. It is a complete three in one palette consisting of bronzer, blush and highlighter. The shade can be used nicely on people with either dark or light skin tone. I have done a detailed review HERE
- YSL Touche Eclat: This is a must have product on my make up pouch. I use this product to highlight my browbone and as a corrector. Believe it or not, I have never changed this product from my make up bag for more than a year as I find this product is very useful as a touch up tool.
- Rimmel Stay Matte powder: This is a relatively new product that I tried recently. So far this powder has works pretty well on me. It helps to control the oil in my T-zone area. I must admit that this powder is not the best powder I’ve tried but considering the price I paid, I am happy to repurchase this again.
- Maybelline Rocket Mascara: This mascara is my current favorite mascara. It helps to lengthen my eyelash and at the same time it makes my lashes looks thicker. I have a short and rather droopy mascara and there are only few mascara that works for me. Maybelline Rocket mascara stays for the whole day for me without smudging. Moreover, cleaning this mascara is so easy! Warm water is all you need to clean all the mascara on the lashes.
- Chanel Retractable Kabuki Brush: I love the softness of this brush. The hair are dense and this brush can be used as a blush brush, bronzer brush and even powder brush. It’s a perfect brush to be kept in my make up pouch. I have reviewed the product previously, you may read it HERE
- YSL Glossy Stain in 101 Reckless Pink: What I love about YSL Glossy stain is the texture. The shade stays on for a long time (4-5 hours at least) and the I love the shine this lipstain has. I specially love shade “reckless pink” as it looks natural on my lip but the shine it has adds something more to my look. I have reviewed & swatched YSL Glossy Stain Rebel Nudes on one of my blogpost HERE
- Chanel Rouge Allure in 88 Evanescente: This is a natural pinkish nude lipstick. I always rotate my nude lipstick shade every two weeks or every month. This is to make sure that all my nude lipsticks are well loved :p
- Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner: hands down! This has got to be my all time fave liquid eyeliner. It has never fail to stay on my lid for the whole day without smudging. The brush size is nicely designed; it’s not too long and not too pointy, the size is just nice to apply line along my lash line. This eyeliner retails at SGD 20-25 (I can’t remember the exact price) at major drugstore in Singapore.
- Last but not least, is a Chloe perfume miniature. This is one of my fave perfume and it’s always a pleasure to add a bit of smell after a long day at work.
Wah I just realized that I have quite a lot of things on my make up pouch Some of my friends have commented that I have so many things on my make up bag; however I enjoy bringing these make up on my bag. It’s a pleasure to do a touch up during lunch break or after work before dinner.
I’ll try to rotate the products in my make up bag and I hope that I’ll be able to write on this topic on a regular basis
Share with me on what you have on your make up bag, please
Thank you for reading!
Now that Christmas is around the corner, so many brands have came out with beautiful collection. Chanel Infinie de Nuit for Holiday 2013 has few items that caught my attention. One of the lipstick released from the collection is Rouge Allure 217 Radieuse.
Radieuse is a cool pink tone lipstick. It can be worn as a sheer lipstick if you apply for one layer. However if you wish for a more opaque look, you can always add another layer to make the color pops out more.
In my opinion, Radieuse looks better in people with cool toned skin. My natural lip color is pigmented so I love this shade to give my lip a cooler tone. I personally love this shade for my lazy weekend lunch. The cool toned pink makes my skin looks brighter and healthier.
Here’s some comparison swatch. All the lipsticks swatched here is from the Chanel Rouge Allure range except Rouge Allure Velvet 33 La Distinguee.
Here’s the link for the review for few of the lipsticks swatched above:
Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Intense 89 Gracile can be found here
Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet 33 La Distinguee can be found here
Have you picked anything from Chanel Infinie de Nuit Collection? What do you think of this collection?
Thank you for reading!
Today I have a product from Lunasol to talk about in this post. So I was going out with few of my friends I meet through instagram and few of them are talking about how they love this Lunasol Beige Beige eyeshadow palette. My friends told me how this eyeshadow could never go wrong for daily make up. And well after that conversation and after swatching and observing the palette in Lunasol counter, I bought this Lunasol Skin Modeling Eyes Kit 2013 which includes #01 Beige Beige Eyeshadow and EX03 lipstick palette. This palette is retailing at $71 in Singapore.
So firstly I will talk about the #01 Beige Beige Eyeshadow Quad
#01 Beige Beige Eyeshadow quad consist of 4 neutral eyeshadow shades. There are 2 shades that I find similar in this palette (top right and bottom left). Both shades looks very similar in the pan but when swatched, both are not the same. They complement the shade very well to each other.
- Top left: Shimmery light beige for highlight
- Top right: creamy beige
- Bottom Left: Creamy sandy
- Bottom Right: creamy mocha
Honestly I am not a huge fan of Lunasol eyeshadow as it is often too sheer and less pigmented. As for this #01 Beige Beige eyeshadow quad, The texture is super smooth and creamy but I must admit that not all of these 4 eyeshadows are greatly pigmented. All 4 shades in this palette is equally creamy and smooth. I can see that there’s a slight fall out from the eyeshadows here but wearing UD primer helps in reducing the fall out a lot.
What I really love from this palette is that you will never go wrong with the shades. The 4 shades complements each other very well. I like to use the shades in the top left and I combine it with the shade in the bottom left to be used as a base color. The mocha is a great shade to create a soft smokey look. The pigmentation is not the best but it is good enough to build the color that I want for a natural look. In this case the pigmentation helps me to create a really natural look for office make up or brunch date when I prefer to have a minimal eye make up. This eyeshadow will never make you look too much.
And here’s a quick look onto EX03 lipstick palette:
Lunasol Skin Modeling Eyes Kit 2013 consists of 2 products; 01 Beige Beige Eyeshadow and EX03 Lipstick Palette . This kit is suitable for ladies who wish to purchase eyeshadow kit for their daily usage especially for day look. The eyeshadow and the lipstick kit provides a very nice shade selection to create a very natural “no makeup” make up look. Although fallout is inevitable, you can always dab your brush to the eyeshadow lightly and apply it onto your eyelid and build the shade in few layers. Overall this Skin Modeling Eyes Kit 2013 has meet my expectation in terms of quality.
Thank you for reading!
Have you tried any Lunasol product? What is your experience with Lunasol?