My heart skipped a beat when I knew Chanel will release this LE holiday palette. I have wanted 5 colors palette for the longest time ever and this time the colors are right in my alley. It costs me AUD98 for this palette, I got mine from David Jones. Both David Jones and Myer didn’t have display or sample for this palette. Hopefully they have it by now.
It’s a beautiful palette, I had too much fun and took lots of pictures (oops!). Colors are very wearable and neutral. It also comes with 2 applicators as shown in below pictures.
Lastly, swatches on my arm under natural lights. I have applied NARS smudge proof eyeshadow base before. Overall, it’s a nice neutral color however it’s not something that you need to have unless you’re a Chanel addict like us, considering there are probably cheaper versions of this eyeshadow.
Have a good weekend everyone and thanks for reading as always.
It’s my first ”What is in My Current Make Up Bag?” post ever. I am so excited to write this post as these products are the ones I use regularly for my touch ups. I hope I would be able to post this regularly once every 2 months or so. So here are the products I currently have on my make up bag:
- NARS Fairy’s Kiss Palette: This is the palette that I currently have on my make up bag. It has 6 versatile shades to be used for my day/night look. I did a review of this palette on my previous post. You may read the review HERE
- Chanel Compact Mirror which I received from a friend. I am really glad that she gave me this mirror, I love how beautiful the red color is.
- Urban Decay Naked FLUSHED palette: This is a genius palette which I love a lot. It is a complete three in one palette consisting of bronzer, blush and highlighter. The shade can be used nicely on people with either dark or light skin tone. I have done a detailed review HERE
- YSL Touche Eclat: This is a must have product on my make up pouch. I use this product to highlight my browbone and as a corrector. Believe it or not, I have never changed this product from my make up bag for more than a year as I find this product is very useful as a touch up tool.
- Rimmel Stay Matte powder: This is a relatively new product that I tried recently. So far this powder has works pretty well on me. It helps to control the oil in my T-zone area. I must admit that this powder is not the best powder I’ve tried but considering the price I paid, I am happy to repurchase this again.
- Maybelline Rocket Mascara: This mascara is my current favorite mascara. It helps to lengthen my eyelash and at the same time it makes my lashes looks thicker. I have a short and rather droopy mascara and there are only few mascara that works for me. Maybelline Rocket mascara stays for the whole day for me without smudging. Moreover, cleaning this mascara is so easy! Warm water is all you need to clean all the mascara on the lashes.
- Chanel Retractable Kabuki Brush: I love the softness of this brush. The hair are dense and this brush can be used as a blush brush, bronzer brush and even powder brush. It’s a perfect brush to be kept in my make up pouch. I have reviewed the product previously, you may read it HERE
- YSL Glossy Stain in 101 Reckless Pink: What I love about YSL Glossy stain is the texture. The shade stays on for a long time (4-5 hours at least) and the I love the shine this lipstain has. I specially love shade “reckless pink” as it looks natural on my lip but the shine it has adds something more to my look. I have reviewed & swatched YSL Glossy Stain Rebel Nudes on one of my blogpost HERE
- Chanel Rouge Allure in 88 Evanescente: This is a natural pinkish nude lipstick. I always rotate my nude lipstick shade every two weeks or every month. This is to make sure that all my nude lipsticks are well loved :p
- Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner: hands down! This has got to be my all time fave liquid eyeliner. It has never fail to stay on my lid for the whole day without smudging. The brush size is nicely designed; it’s not too long and not too pointy, the size is just nice to apply line along my lash line. This eyeliner retails at SGD 20-25 (I can’t remember the exact price) at major drugstore in Singapore.
- Last but not least, is a Chloe perfume miniature. This is one of my fave perfume and it’s always a pleasure to add a bit of smell after a long day at work.
Wah I just realized that I have quite a lot of things on my make up pouch Some of my friends have commented that I have so many things on my make up bag; however I enjoy bringing these make up on my bag. It’s a pleasure to do a touch up during lunch break or after work before dinner.
I’ll try to rotate the products in my make up bag and I hope that I’ll be able to write on this topic on a regular basis
Share with me on what you have on your make up bag, please
Thank you for reading!
I am sure most of you have seen this collection in person. I just want to share what I have picked from this collection
So last week I went down to Orchard Road to take a look at Chanel Nuit Infinie De Chanel Collection. Initially my plan was only to pick up initiation but I ended up with the lipstick too. I swatched the Charming Eye Palette but I decided not to pick it up as the shades look nothing too special to me.
So in this post, I am going to talk about Illusion d’Ombres in Initiation.
If you have been following memoiselle for a while, you’ll know how much I love Illusion d’Ombre. I just love how bouncy the textures are and the shimmer is to die for. The shimmer makes my face looks glowy and it is not too sparkly at all. The only downside of Illusion d’Ombre is that it tends to get dried out after a year or so (if you use it often). I have not find any way to restore the texture of my dried Illusion d’Ombre. I still use my dried Illusion d’Ombre as a powder eyeshadow; the pigmentation is still there and I can still see the beautiful shimmer.
Inititation is a sparkly bronze – taupe. I think this shade would be suitable for both cool and warm skin tone. I like to apply this eyeshadow with my finger. I find that the colors blends better with my finger. There’s a small brush provided in the packaging but I don’t really use the brush to apply this eyeshadow.
I did a comparison in the swatch below: Apparence – Initiation, Vision, Illusiore. All these 4 shades are unique and in my opinion, each shade is beautiful and it is worth getting.
Chanel Illusion d’Ombre has beautiful texture that is bouncy and soft. Initiation is a gorgeous shimmery taupe bronze. I would highly recommend this shade for anyone especially for those who love the texture of this eyeshadow.
Thank you for reading.
I am back with an eyeshadow palette from NARS. This is my first palette from NARS and I fell in love with this palette from the first time I saw this. The colors are so natural, easy to use and these are suitable for my everyday look.
I’ve been wanting to get myself a NARS palette but most of the palette released consist of blush/bronzer which I have owned. Finally I saw this palette is released and I quickly grab it This palette is selling for $60 in Singapore and AUD 65 (or $69) in Australia. If you’re in Australia, you can get NARS products in Mecca.
NARS Fairy’s Kiss Eyeshadow palette consists of 6 shades :
- Monosque: Shimmering soft pink (limited edition)
- Kalahari (right side): shimmery Rosy caramel
- Brousse (right side): Black violet
- Tokyo: Lavender
- Brumes (left side): Matte charcoal
- Pandora (right side): Matte black
NARS Fairy’s Kiss palette has a good balance of matte and shimmery shades. Monosque, Kalahari and Tokyo would be a great base shade. Pandora is a true matte black that can also be used as eyeliner.
All these 6 eyeshadows have great pigmentation. The texture is not the softest but it’s buttery and swatches very nicely. However it doesn’t feel as soft as some of other eyeshadows I own. There’s a slight fallout especially for the darker shades. To prevent fallout, I will use my finger to press the eyeshadow into my eyelid and blend it with a blending brush.
From these 6 eyeshadow shades, My favorite has got to be Monosque; it has a very nice soft baby pink shade . Moreover this is a limited edition My second favorite from the palette is Kalahari; I love that rosy caramel shade that match perfectly for my skintone. I believe Kalahari will look good on almost every skintone. The pigmentation and the texture of Kalahari is the best in this palette.
Overall, I am loving the shade of this eyeshadow palette. The colors are versatile and they’re nicely pigmented. The texture of the eyeshadow is not the softest but I am satisfied with my purchase.
Do you own NARS Fairy’s Kiss eyeshadow palette or other NARS palette? What do you think of them?
Thank you for reading!
YSL Holiday 2013 Collection Parisian Nite has hit Singapore shores. I have reviewed the Blush Rue de Babylone in the previous post. Now I am going to show the swatch of the eye palette Avenue Marceau.
Avenue Marceau is pink-purple themed palette. The four shades here can be worn both dry and wet. The texture is very smooth and it is very nicely pigmented especially when it is applied wet.
- Top Left: a champagne pink with silver shimmer. The shimmer is not overpouring, the pink is still the main shade.
- Top Right: a pale soft pink. The shade is suitable for highlighting
- Bottom Left: a gold with satiny finish
- Bottom Right: Satiny purple
Let’s take a look at the swatch.
The eyeshadow was swatched dry. Pigmentation is beautiful! The pink shade is my favorite.
In warm sunlight
The eyeshadow were swatched wet. You can see how pigmented the shade is. The sparkles and the shimmers are beautiful! Don’t worry, it won’t make you look like a disco ball. I have the eye look at the end of the post.
Here I am going to show the eye look I created with this palette. Please pardon my eyebrow, I know is very messy :p
The complete look:
Overall, Avenue Marceau has delivered the quality I am looking for in an eyeshadow palette. The packaging is beautiful and I love the purple and pink shade the best from this palette. I’d say this would be a great Christmas present for yourself or to your loved ones.
Thank you for reading!
Disclaimer: The palette is provided by the brand PR representative. What I have written here is purely my opinion and it is honest, genuine and unbiased.