I picked this up in Changi airport two weeks ago. I couldn’t resist myself getting this palette as the texture of the eyeshadow is so soft and smooth when I swatch it. The eye and cheek palette is available in two colors – enchanted black parallel/ full pink parallel palette. I picked the enchanted black palette as the palette offers more vibrant shades.
The eye shadows in this palette are incredibly soft and smooth. There are two types of formulation of eyeshadow in this palette; the pressed formula and the silk smooth formula. There are 4 shades of the pressed formula eyeshadow which comes in a bigger pan.The silk smooth formula comes in a smaller pan and there are 3 shades in this palette.
The pressed form feels powdery and smooth, I love the softness and smoothness of their pressed eyeshadow. The shades are nicely pigmented and i can hardly see any fall outs.
The silk smooth eyeshadow has a different feeling compared to the pressed when it is touched. The silk smooth eyeshadow has a creamier texture but it doesn’t feel slippery or wet. It has better pigmentation compared to the pressed formula and it is very smooth. I agree that Shu Uemura named this eyeshadow formulation as silky smooth. It is as smooth as silk 🙂
Here’s the swatch of the eyeshadow in order of the positioning of the shades in the palette.
And now here’s the swatch according to the formula:
All the shades in this palette are nicely pigmented and they have beautiful texture. I find the colors here are nicely combined especially for smokey eye look. I really love the dark green shade; the metallic shade is so gorgeous. I love to use dark green to create a smokey look as it is less dramatic but yet it still gives a bigger eye effect.
Overall I love this palette for their vibrand colors and beautiful texture and pigmentation. I love the range of eyeshadow colors which are not too neutrals but at the same time it offers shades that I would wear quite often. The silk smooth eyeshadow has gorgeous pigmentation with no fall out. Moreover the blush shade is something that I would usually wear. There’s no reason for me to dislike this piece 🙂
Thank you for reading!
We wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New year!
So Christmas is getting nearer and most brands have comes out with their holiday collection. Guerlain is one of those brands that I’ve been waiting. This season, Guerlain releases Crazy Paris collection which is very unique and happening in my opinion. The collection’s main color theme is black and fuchsia.
a shout out to Jacqueline from My Beauty Hoard for helping me to get this from Nordstorm.com. The product is retailing at USD 58.
The crazy Paris meteorites pearls consist of lavender, peach, white and pink pearls. When it mixed together, it adds up as a sheer pink. Guerlain meteorites perles has a very sheer color and a very sheen shimmer. I won’t recommend this as a blush as it looks too sheer for my liking. I am using this more as a finishing touch to my cheek color. It adds a very nice glow to my overall complexion.
To be frank, it’s hard to capture the color of Guerlain Meteorites Perles on my arm for a swatch. My camera couldn’t capture the color very well , so I decided to do a simple FOTD with this product.
Prior to applying Guerlain Crazy Paris Meteorites Perles, I’ve applied Illamasqua Nymph Blush on my cheek. After I’ve finished all my make up, I applied the perles on my cheek area to give that extra glow.
Overall I am happy with my purchase as this is my first colorful Guerlain meteorites (the previous one I had was the blanc perles). I wouldn’t say that this product is a must have considering the pricey price tag, but if you have not tried meteorites perles, this would be a good one to start with 🙂
Thank you for reading!
Hello everyone 🙂
Many of you may have seen the review of Chanel Blush in Accent from the Holiday 2013 collection Infinie de Nuit. This blush is a limited edition. I just got mine recently. The one I got here was ordered from Nordstorm and thanks to Jacqueline from My Beauty Hoard for helping me to get this 🙂
This Christmas, Chanel releases a unique blush shade. Accent is a beige – dusty rose with a slight shimmer. It’s my first Chanel blush with a dusty rose kind of shade. The shimmer might look a little bit intimidating but upon application, it is almost invisible.
I am very glad that I am able to get Chanel Joues Contraste in US Pressed Version. I can feel the difference in the texture, it is smoother and the pigmentation is better. What I love most about Chanel blushes is that they have such a fine shimmer that adds a very nice glow to your face. The shimmer is refined that it doesn’t look too much at all.
I pulled some of my blushes which I think could be similar. They are Burberry Tangerine, Tarte Exposed and Burberry Earthy.
As you can see, these four shades are different. Chanel Accent leans more towards rosy beige and it has more shimmer as compared to the rest.
This will conclude my Chanel Holiday 2013 picks. I have reviewed some other products from this collection:
Chanel Illusion d’Ombres in Initiation : HERE
Chanel Rouge Allure in Radieuse : HERE
What do you think of this collection? Would you pick anything from this collection?
It’s my first “What is in My Current Make Up Bag?” post ever. I am so excited to write this post as these products are the ones I use regularly for my touch ups. I hope I would be able to post this regularly once every 2 months or so. So here are the products I currently have on my make up bag:
- NARS Fairy’s Kiss Palette: This is the palette that I currently have on my make up bag. It has 6 versatile shades to be used for my day/night look. I did a review of this palette on my previous post. You may read the review HERE
- Chanel Compact Mirror which I received from a friend. I am really glad that she gave me this mirror, I love how beautiful the red color is.
- Urban Decay Naked FLUSHED palette: This is a genius palette which I love a lot. It is a complete three in one palette consisting of bronzer, blush and highlighter. The shade can be used nicely on people with either dark or light skin tone. I have done a detailed review HERE
- YSL Touche Eclat: This is a must have product on my make up pouch. I use this product to highlight my browbone and as a corrector. Believe it or not, I have never changed this product from my make up bag for more than a year as I find this product is very useful as a touch up tool.
- Rimmel Stay Matte powder: This is a relatively new product that I tried recently. So far this powder has works pretty well on me. It helps to control the oil in my T-zone area. I must admit that this powder is not the best powder I’ve tried but considering the price I paid, I am happy to repurchase this again.
- Maybelline Rocket Mascara: This mascara is my current favorite mascara. It helps to lengthen my eyelash and at the same time it makes my lashes looks thicker. I have a short and rather droopy mascara and there are only few mascara that works for me. Maybelline Rocket mascara stays for the whole day for me without smudging. Moreover, cleaning this mascara is so easy! Warm water is all you need to clean all the mascara on the lashes.
- Chanel Retractable Kabuki Brush: I love the softness of this brush. The hair are dense and this brush can be used as a blush brush, bronzer brush and even powder brush. It’s a perfect brush to be kept in my make up pouch. I have reviewed the product previously, you may read it HERE
- YSL Glossy Stain in 101 Reckless Pink: What I love about YSL Glossy stain is the texture. The shade stays on for a long time (4-5 hours at least) and the I love the shine this lipstain has. I specially love shade “reckless pink” as it looks natural on my lip but the shine it has adds something more to my look. I have reviewed & swatched YSL Glossy Stain Rebel Nudes on one of my blogpost HERE
- Chanel Rouge Allure in 88 Evanescente: This is a natural pinkish nude lipstick. I always rotate my nude lipstick shade every two weeks or every month. This is to make sure that all my nude lipsticks are well loved :p
- Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner: hands down! This has got to be my all time fave liquid eyeliner. It has never fail to stay on my lid for the whole day without smudging. The brush size is nicely designed; it’s not too long and not too pointy, the size is just nice to apply line along my lash line. This eyeliner retails at SGD 20-25 (I can’t remember the exact price) at major drugstore in Singapore.
- Last but not least, is a Chloe perfume miniature. This is one of my fave perfume and it’s always a pleasure to add a bit of smell after a long day at work.
Wah I just realized that I have quite a lot of things on my make up pouch 😉 Some of my friends have commented that I have so many things on my make up bag; however I enjoy bringing these make up on my bag. It’s a pleasure to do a touch up during lunch break or after work before dinner.
I’ll try to rotate the products in my make up bag and I hope that I’ll be able to write on this topic on a regular basis 🙂
Share with me on what you have on your make up bag, please 🙂
Thank you for reading!
It has been a while since the last time I written a post. If you follow us on Instagram, you probably aware I have been on holiday to Europe few months ago. Last day in Paris, while waiting on my flight back home, I discovered Guerlain Madame Rougit in the airport. Though the price is not as cheap as in US (I assume) this was too beautiful to pass. Without trying or whatsoever, I bought this blush.
With all the packing and others, somehow this has been forgotten by me. The blush come in black velvet pouch (not picture) and little blush which I’ve just realised also not in the picture (will post in Instagram :p)
When I did swatch the color individually, I’m quite disappointed as some of the colors are not pigmented enough. However, I applied all the colors with blush brush and applied it on my cheeks. Ta-da, colors are well-pigmented with hint of coral which is my favourite. Texture also very smooth and easy to blend.
Swatches under sunlight
Thanks for reading!