Tom Ford Illuminating Cheek Color in Blush Guilt

For Summer 2013, Tom Ford releases many beautiful products in limited pieces.This collection, Tom Ford emphasizes on radiance on highlighting. I pickedย Tom Ford Illuminating Cheek Color in Blush Guilt from this collection. It looks so interesting as this is my first blush/highlighter in a stick form. Thanks to Jacqueline from MyBeautyHoardย for helping me to get it ๐Ÿ™‚ IMG_5259

Illuminating cheek color is a very sheer creme blush in a stick form. Blush guilt is very sheer on me to be used as a blush so I usually use this as a highlighter underneath my setting powder to give me that refreshed look. Although this is very sheer, you can always build it u to get a deeper shade. I usually use two layers of Blush guilt after my foundation routine and set it up with powder. Or else, I will use my finger to dab this product lightly and apply it onto my skin for a finishing touch after my setting powder.

IMG_5258

IMG_5261

IMG_5262

Personally, I don’t feel that this product makes my face oily. My cheek is usually normal or at certain times it could be dry. This product enhances the glow from my skin. It lasts on my skin for only about 4 hours and it starts to disappears after that. The staying power is not as good as what I would expect. I would expect that it could last for at least 6 hours.
IMG_5264

Swatched Heavily

IMG_5263

IMG_5266

Swatched Lightly on the Left – Heavily on the right

As you can see in the swatch below, Blush Guilt is a very sheer pink shade. I personally would only use this as a highlighter and it would be too sheer for me to be used as a blush.

Thank you for reading!

By: Meryl

Memoiselle tagged this post with: Tom Ford Read 471 articles by

If only it was more pigmented right? But you got to love he packaging, very nice.

2. This is gorgeous! Would be an excellent highlighter on my skintone.

3. Leanne says:

Love your review! I enjoy blush guilt esp for my gym day or sports training sessions as a blush (cos the colour is just right for such days). I then layer Fire Lust on it as a highlighter. TF never fails xoxo Leanne

4. How pretty! There’s something about stick-style cream products that’s just irresistible to me. I was just finishing up at post on two similar NYX products earlier this morning ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Sunny says:

Hey Meryl, I’m so sorry to hear this one is not all that perfect! I’ve never used a blush stick, but my impression is that they don’t work quite as well as cream blushes in general. This one is most probably too sheer for my taste, and if it makes your skin seem oily, it’ll only be worse in my case!

Hi Sunny,
      Yeah this product does not fully meet my expectation. However I find that this product is a great product to be put on my daily make up bag, very easy to do touch up especially during office hour ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Linda says:

this caught my eye the moment it came out… but then i was so disappointed by how sheer it is! I had alot of problems with the stickiness it left on my cheeks…. but so glad somebody else loved it as much as i should have!! I much preferred the skin illuminator instead! ;P

7. Replica says:

I have this as well, I quite like it but it could do with a bit more oomph ๐Ÿ™‚
    I must say I am looking forward to the TF fall collection though, the eye trios look nice.
    xx

Hi Clare,
      Me too! My heart stopped a moment when I saw the promo pictures. The eyeshadow trio is very tempting ๐Ÿ™‚ Are you looking forward to get the smokey black or the nude shades?

8. Joy says: