Giorgio Armani Designer Lift Foundation #3

Dearest readers,

I would like to apologize that I have been missing on the blog for a week. It has been a very busy week for me on my work life and my personal life too. By the time I reached home, I’d feel so tired and has no energy even to just browse beauty blog or watch youtube videos. Now that I have my time to blog, I guess I’d write about something that I have been loving a lot lately :)

I am sure many of you have heard or used Giorgio Armani Designer Lift Foundation . I bought this foundation last month when I had a short trip to Hongkong. I tried this foundation at Giorgio Armani counter and immediately fell in love with the texture. To read more about the details, please keep reading :)

IMG_5006

IMG_5007

IMG_5008

IMG_5009

The Packaging:

Giorgio Armani Designer Lift Foundation is packed in a matte looking glass bottle with a black cap. The design of the bottle is very simple yet looking sleek. I guess most of Giorgio Armani products possess such image to me; simple yet sleek.

IMG_5011The Texture/Lasting Power

This foundation is targeted to people with dry skin, so the texture is creamy and feels very soft. I like the feeling when I tried it on my hands, it feels smooth and blends very well. The coverage is medium to full coverage. For my whole face, I usually pump once or twice (depending on where I am going on that day).  My skin type is normal-combination. My cheek area can sometimes be a little bit dry. So on those days, Designer Lift foundation is my #1 choice. It helps to hydrate my skin throughout the day.

So far this foundation lasts for 10 hours with me without fading. I am very contented with the lasting power of this product because my daily foundation routine does not consist of primer. I hardly use primer unless I know it’s going to be a long day for me. Giorgio Armani Designer Lift Foundation lasts for 10 hours with me even without primer.

The Shade/Swatch:

As you can see in the swatches below, this foundation blends in beautifully onto my skin. It leaves a dewy finish without making your face looks oily. I am a MAC NC20 and I chose #3; the shade looks closest to my skintone.

IMG_5013

Final Thought:

I have been using this product for the past 1 month and so far I have been loving it a lot. On the days when my skin feels dry, I can feel that this foundation helps to hydrate my skin and moreover it lasts on my face for 10 hours without fading. Need I say more? I just love it!

By: Meryl

Memoiselle tagged this post with: Giorgio Armani Read 414 articles by

I have this too. When I was taking my Diane and my oil situation was in check I liked this foundation but now it is not suitable for my skin.

2. Sounds good! And the bottle is so mimimalistic, I like that.

3. okayokmakeup says:

This foundation sounds great! It looks quite yellow in the picture which makes me want to check it out even more. Thanks for the review!

4. Giorgio Armani really do some lovely foundations–they all have such beautiful textures and finishes. I only wish there were just a FEW more colors offered in each range. I have the Luminous Silk foundation and it works surprisingly well with my oily skin but the color is not perfect for me so I think I’m going with the Maestro foundation next. I have been meaning to pick up a bottle since the foundation came out but things keep getting in the way–I’m busy or the store closes early or I’m lazy…haha! Definitely need to go on Sunday though! I’ve heard that the foundation almost adapts itself to your perfect skintone so I think the same shade (5.5) will be a bit more forgiving on my skin than in the Luminous Silk formula (which is just a touch too peach for my liking)

Hello Becca,
      I know right! They should have more shades because I have heard people are complaining that they can’t find the right shade.
      Aww I can’t wait to see the Maestro foundation review on your blog.. I am curious on what you think of that product. I tried it on my arm but I am not really sure that it’s the right product for me.. Especially with that high price tag, I should justify it again :)

5. JoanneP @ The Convenient Beauty says:

This naughty girl oxidizes in front of my eyes. Too bad because I really like the texture. So happy that it works out for you!

6. Sunny says:

Hey Meryl, glad to have you back! I hope the madness is over!

This is a GA foundation I haven’t tried! I’ve tried a couple, but not yet this. I think it’s because it’s geared towards dryer skin types (which I can actually use in winter to be honest)! Great to hear it works for you! Now I’m curious, but perhaps for this autumn/winter :)

7. Taylor says:

This sounds lovely! I love me a moisturizing foundation, I also desire the sheen they give you. That little drop on your hand looks gorgeous! Looks like something I need to try out :-)

8. I used to LOVE GA Luminous Silk and then I got into blogging and forgot how good Armani foundations were until I picked up the Maestro Concealer. I should try this one because the Maestro didn’t work well on my dry skin, but this sounds perfect for me!

I tried Maestro foundation at the counter too and didn’t really like it as I feel it’s a bit drying. But I am sure it’ll does great job for people with oily skin :)

9. I really like how yellow-undertoned this shade is… I feel like that can sometimes be hard to find! This is a bit out of my price range so I won’t be trying it any time soon, but it does seem lovely

10. i really want to try luminous silk eventually. their foundations seem quite nice! :)