Burberry Complete Eye Palette in 01 Smokey Grey

Hi everyone, I haven’t post anything since I came back from holiday because work has been very busy lately unfortunately and I am trying my best to stay away from the computer after 9 to 10 hours staring on it in the office. I got this beauty back in December right before my holiday.

I don’t fancy this palette in the first place but when I see it in person, I changed my mind. Aiming for the plum pink or dark spice but David Jones completely out of stock with only two left in Smokey grey and Pink Taupe. Pink taupe is pretty in the pan but I’m afraid the color washed out in my skin tone and the MUA told me one of the shade is pale barley in that palette and I have that already in my stash. With a sad face I settled with Smokey grey.

This palette comes with 3 little brushes, I wish they fit the brushes inside the palette. Packaging are similar or should I say identical with the blush but this palette is lighter than the blush.

I love how they have 2 shimmers eyeshadow and 2 matte in this palette. For the formula of this palette is similar with the single eyeshadow, buttery and pigmented just how I like it :) On top of that the pattern in the shadows are incredible.

Smokey grey is not bad after all, its good for a change in my stash hehehe… Finally the swatches of the complete eye palette under natural lights.

And last but not least is my take on this palette. I tried it this morning to work, and I love the look! It’s not too much for everyday look as I thought it will be.. The picture didn’t captured the beautiful shades of this palette as these taken in hurry with iPhone :p I’m sure smokey palette will work for everyone!

Thanks for reading! During my trip I also managed to get Dark Spice yay! Review coming soon…

xx Monica

Memoiselle tagged this post with: Burberry Read 388 articles by

1. Chris El says:

Monica, you’re going to love Dark Spice!

Hey Monica, this was a palette I was so tempted to get because the pigmentation is so fantastic but I’m not a fan of greys so I skipped it. It looks great on you though.

Hey Jacq, what did you end up buying then? I’m not a big fan of grey too but at that time I really really want to have Burberry palette but turns out its not that bad :) thanks Jacq, this would looks great on you too!

3. Really pretty on you Monica! I love Burberry so much! I can hardly wait to see the Spice on on you though! That one looks amazing to me!

4. Sunny says:

This looks so sexy on you, Monica! I need to pick one up soon, though I haven’t decided on which one! We don’t get all of them here, but if we get this one I’d totally love to at least swatch it! I don’t own many similar shades at all!

5. JoanneP says:

Pretty palette and beautiful on you Monica! I’m glad Burberry include that warm pink in the palette. Much easier for warm skin like mine. Dark Spice is gorgeous. If I didn’t already owned a millions of warm neutral and brown, it’d be the one. I decided to put Plum Pink on my to-buy list. Have you tried it? xx

Thanks Joanne for your sweet comment :) Plum pink is my top pick in the first place but since I’ve got this and Dark spice, I probably skip plum pink. Let me know abt it when you get it.

6. You know, I think this is the first time I’ve seen a picture of you up-close, Monica. You’re gorgeous! and the shades in this palette look amazing on you! I can’t WAIT to finally get my first Burberry palette!

7. Jen W says:

Looks gorgeous and very versatile. Love your hair here!

8. Teri says:

I love a smokey eye on you! Definitely a winner for me, this palette :)