They said it’s your passion if you love doing it even you are not getting anything in return. That’s what I felt about baking, I love to bake and share to others 🙂 From now on we will post about baking. I thought it’s a good idea to share my baking experiment to everyone and also for myself to keep in track what I have created and which recipes I have tried. Last weekend I baked something simple and I have done it couple of times already. This time I tried Martha Stewart’s Recipes.
Nut Brownies (adapted from Martha Stewart Recipes)
- 1 Stick (113gr) unsalted butter, softened, cut into pieces, plus more for pan
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 ounces (226gr) semisweet or bittersweet chocholate chopped (I use chocolate button to save cooking time)
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped (Again, I use crumbled walnuts to save cooking time :p)
- Preheat the oven to 180C . Butter an 8-inch square baking pan; line with parchment, leaving a 2-inch overhang on 2 sides. Butter parchment. Whisk to combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of gently simmering water; remove bowl from pan. Add sugar; stir to combine. Add eggs, and mix to combine. Stir in flour mixture just until moistened (do not overmix). Stir in nuts. Transfer batter to prepared pan; smooth top with offset spatula.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with only a few moist crumbs, 25 to 35 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack 30 minutes. Use parchment to lift brownies from pan; transfer to rack to cool completely. On a cutting board with a dampened serrated knife, cut into 16 squares. Brownies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 30 days.
Makes 20-25 squares
When baking, I always adjust the sweetness level. Most of the people that I know dislike overly sweet desserts, so with this recipe I adjust the sugar to 1 cup only. One thing I should say no one say no to Brownies, totally a crowd-pleaser 🙂