Another haul and experience with HopShopGo!

Some of you probably realized how things in Sydney here are mostly overpriced and I’m in a point where I get tired to pay almost double in cosmetics or skin care products. Then I thought I just try HopShopGo service where they gave me US address and I can have my items sent to my US address and they will forward it to me here in Australia. After browse and ask them questions I finally ordered few product, its quite a long process though. So I ordered some from Nordstrom and Saks Fifth Avenue. I would suggest buying from Saks because they allow the billing and shipping address in two different countries while Nordstorm can’t (I could be wrong but I tried and Nordstrom can’t process my order). So for Nordstrom I use ‘Buy For Me’ service which they buy on my behalf but incur 10% service fee while for Saks’ order I used ‘Ship For Me’ service.

They have excellent and easy access website which you can track your item has arrived or not in the US address etc. My Nordstrom package arrived first in US address (you can track it from your account) and guess what, 3 items with weight only 200 0r 300 grams, they charged me 1.5kg (they do charged based on dimension of the box). It shocked me because I ordered much more from Saks and how much they gonna charge me. Luckily, my Saks’ package only weight 1kg, I don’t know why but total shipping cost me around AUD40. I’m happy with it, when I get my package I know why there is a weird shipping cost calculation.

The first picture is from Nordstorm using ‘Buy For Me’ serivce, such a big box for 3 eye shadows with no padded, bubble wrap whatsoever. Fortunately, nothing broke. I assumed that’s not the initial package from Nordstrom, while the Saks package is so lovely, padded nicely and the box totally fit perfectly with the items I bought. Overall, its worth it if you buy few things and I would use ‘Ship For Me’ service but maybe not the ‘Buy For Me’ service.

Enough with the rambling, now here’s the interesting part:

I also bought Burberry Sheer Summer Glow which has been reviewed by Meryl πŸ™‚ That’s all I’ve got from US but I didn’t stop at that I alsoΒ  got couple things from Singapore, Ebay, etc.

I blame my exam anxiety for all this damage to my wallet :p Proper post with better quality pictures coming up in a week or less I hope, once I get my camera back from my friend who borrow it for Lady Gaga’s concert.

Anyone can recommend other shipping companies other than HopShopGo? Also share your experience with HopShopGo, I would love to know as well.

Have a good weekend everyone and don’t forget to enter Groupon Giveaway!

Memoiselle tagged this post with: Burberry, Butter London, Chanel, D-Up, Etude House, Le Metier De Beaute, Macquillage, Maybelinne, OPI, Tony Moly Read 471 articles by

1. I always feel so sorry for you Aussies. I’m glad you found a way to shop that’s a bit cheaper.
    NICE haul though! Loving all the Burberry-it’s by far my favourite brand. Can hardly wait for your reviews!

2. Ruby says:

Oh my, I love your hauls!!

Just wanna let you know that I have nominated your blog for the Liebster blog award. Please continue to write awesome stuffs. πŸ™‚

3. Iris says:

I just signed up for MyUS.com which also helps to ship packages from US retailers. I didn’t have any problems ordering from Nordstrom.com and did not have to use MyUS.com’s purchasing service. Nordstrom sent me an email asking me to call their Financial Services department, and they were able to approve my credit card very quickly when I did so. MyUS.com ships via DHL or Fedex, and I find the shipping fees work out to be quite reasonable if you buy mainly very small, light items or during sales/GWPs. They also help to consolidate your packages to save on shipping fees, but they do charge a membership fee, so it’s worthwhile only if you shop regularly. So far, I’ve ordered from drugstore.com, Beauty.com, Beautyhabit.com and Nordstrom.

Hi Iris, thanks for your info. Will check MyUS.com for future reference πŸ™‚ I got the same email as well from Nordstrom but their number is 1800, I can’t dial from Australia and when I asked them again they gave me the same 1800 number. I also read in Vogue Australia Forum, few ladies recommend shopaholiques and Parcel It On.

4. Shannon says:

Oh, LMdB’s and Burberry’s eye shadows are among my favorites! Enjoy all of your lovely new items πŸ™‚

Thanks Shannon! I’m very excited with LMdB and Burberry items as well. Oh by any chance do you know if LMdB still have the Kaleidoscope eye kit? I want one badly and my cousin will go to US in few wks time πŸ™‚ Thanks!

5. Lily says:

Lovely haul! I have to try some Burberry and LMdB soon… too many enablers around πŸ˜‰

I take back what I said out my epic haul, yours is totally drool worthy. My eyes can’t take so much gorgeousness at one go. Oh my, Burberry, Chanel and Lmdb altogether! I must tell you that the DUP glue is a great buy, it s so good. Enjoy your haul dear, you will love Jojo and Corinthian to bits.

Thanks Jacq! Both hauls are epic ;p That’s what I heard about DUP glue, I found it when I browsed for their eyelid tape. Enjoy yours as well dear πŸ™‚